Friday, November 23, 2007

Oreo + Cream Cheese = Heaven.... drool....

I've always loved cheesecakes and I have always wanted to attempt a baked cheescake on my own from scratch. I have tried no-baked ones so far and they have turned out well. Somehow baked cheescakes seem really daunting. So I decided on the Baked Oreo Cheesecake. I mean, how could anything with Oreo in it go very wrong?

I must say that the process was pretty straightforward. Only thing was the baking time was pretty long and I had to contend with my son asking over and over again if the cheescake was ready. of course you know with cheescakes, there is the logn baking time, and the loong cooling off time and the even loooonger chilling time. So effectively, you can't really eat the cheescake till maybe the next day! hahahaha.....

The cheesecake turned out pretty well, although I wouldn't say it was the prettiest looking Oreo cheescake around :p. The top had cracks but this was most probably because I didn't bake it a bain marie. I believe I would have acheived a better looking top had I done so. And of course, I thought it would be easier if I threw in mini Oreos instead of breaking regular Oreos into pieces. Turned out they looked more like mushrooms (according to hubby). But nonetheless, depite the little shortcomings, the cheesecake was delicious (if I say so myself, well hubby and kids also say so and they usually will tell me straight in my face if was horrible). Well, I must say the cheesecake added a few inches to my waistline for sure, I ended up eating most of it :p Now who could resist a good cheesecake, seriously??

0 comments:

Post a Comment