Saturday, October 31, 2009

Candy for Candy

Candy wanted candy for her 21st birthday. Candy? Yeah, a Candy cake, a cake in the shape of Candy cos her name is Candy. Oh I see......and my mind cranked into high gear.... How do I make a cake to look like a sweet wrapper, how to sculpt it so that it looks as realistic as possible, how to make use of the limited sized baking tins I had in the most efficient way....so many questions waiting for answers, answers which only I could give. Thinking....thinking...yeah...I could do it, yes, can be done, it's not impossible, got to use the good old imagination!

Candy wanted a cake resembling a sweet wrapper, in celebration of her sweet name. It had to be sweet and girly and pink with ribbons and all things nice. I had a sketch of what I wanted to do with the cake. Next thing was to hope that everything worked out *fingers crossed*

After slaving for hours battling humid weather and sweating fondant, I finally completed it and went to bed in the wee hours of the morning. I had my pretty Candy cake sitting in an air-con room keeping cool and dry, whew!

Each time I deliver a cake to a customer, it is always with bated breath, hoping that the cake exceeds the customer's expectations. Nothing matters more than having a happy customer who is more than satisfied with the cake I have designed for them.

As I walk away after delivering the cake, I received an sms from Candy. I hold my breath....Candy loves her Candy cake! The sms brought a smile to my face and I heave a huge sigh of relief. Affirmation is always good for one's confidence :) Hey yeah, I could continue doing this, it's fun to make people happy!

Update - 2 Nov 09: Received an email late last night from Candy. She was so nice to send me her pictures of her birthday celebration cum Halloween party. Looks like the girls had fun dressing up and eating cake!

The birthday girl with her gal pals and her Candy!

Candy with her Candy :)

Time to eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment