Saturday, June 28, 2008

Never too late (or old) to learn :)

I decided it was time to upgrade my "skills" and it would be a good idea to learn from the professionals. I managed to get myself a place at the very popular Wilton cake decorating course run by a local bakestore. It was a fun albeit rather stressful 4 weeks as there was a lot of prep work to be done before each class. I seemed to be making tonnes and tonnes of icing of all different colours.

But at the end when the finale cake was complete, I heaved a huge sigh of relief with a smile on my face. Here's a sneak at what I turned out over the 4 weeks :)

My Rainbow Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Icing



Close-up of my buttercream rose

My Finale Rose Cake with buttercream icing and buttercream roses

0 comments:

Post a Comment