Sunday, January 23, 2011

May The Force be With You!!!


A few months back, a good friend contacted me about a surprise birthday party for her hubby. By virtue of the fact that he is a huge Star Wars fan, she wanted a Star Wars birthday cake that will wow and blow the whole party away. We threw ideas about and in the end, it was decided that we would do a 3D R2D2 cake. 


On top of that, there would also be cookie pop favours for the birthday guests... yes the birthday boy is still young at heart :)

PARTY TIME!


Birthday boy distributing cookie pops!


Food! Food! Food!


 Birthday boy and wifey!


"Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!"


Performing brain surgery :p
I was in charge of "dissecting" R2D2 since I knew where his "skeleton" would be hahahaha!! R2D2's head is made from yummy moist Luscious Vanilla Bean cake with Vanilla buttercream. The funniest thing was the guests "screamed" in sympathy pain as I pulled apart and slice up R2D2 meticulously, it was so funny! I was never happier cutting up a cake, I dunno why....hmmmm :p


That's me with my blood, sweat and tears of a cake! I hardly ever get to take a picture together with a cake I made. This is a rare occasion since I was also a guest at the party :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment