Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

It isn't too often that blueberries go on sale at the local supermarket. So when they were going for $4+ for 2 punnets of berries, I had to get some. What I was to do with them, I wasn't sure. Initial thought was to eat them as blueberrries are considered one of the superfoods, chock full of antioxidents. As I was contemplating if I would actually eat these little berries on their own, I decided hey, why not bake something out of them? First thing that came to mind were blueberry muffins. I guess it's a pretty common muffin you see being sold everywhere but you normally wouldn't bake these unless you have blueberries...and I do!

These turned out light, great for those who prefer their desserts to be a little less of the sweet variety. The bursts of blueberries throughout the muffins were such an inviting sight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment